UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCORE Rule Book...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravencr
Race Promoter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: SCORE Rule Book... Reply with quote

I notice there's an established rule book for the BITD series and Southern Nevada Supermoto series, but I didn't see one listed for SCORE. Is there one specifically for UTV's now, and if so where can I find it?

Chris

P.S. What about the other short course racing series?
FabSkool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far SCORE in UNLIMITED Twisted Evil If I am not mistaken SCORE is still evaluating this class. For the past Baja 500 Toxic Rhinos were planning on running a Rhino with a v-max motor, they eneded up swapping back but the v-max would have been allowed. SCORE officials at this point really only care about safety modificaitons. As long no one gets hurt in the 1000 and hopefully at least 1 UTV makes it to La Paz, then I would expect SCORE to approve the class for good and they will most likely adopt the rules of the UTVRA. Hopefully they leave room for this "unlimited" breed of UTV so that there is at least 1 place to race them but that is pretty optimistic thinking.

Most of the short course races have their own safety requirements, and from what I can see that is all they are enforcing. But from what I can tell all the UTVs to compete in short course are BITD/UTVRA approved or lesser. I don't think anyone has tried to bring a pumped up rhino to any of these events yet, but I couldn't tell you myself because I have not been to any of these short course events yet.
ravencr
Race Promoter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are BITD, Southern Nevada Supermoto and Score the three main ones that allow UTV's at the moment? Are there more? Sorry for all the newbie questions, but just getting involved in this myself.

Chris
FabSkool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there has only been 1 supermoto event so far, that being said I hardly consider them a main player. Rhinos have been racing regularly at the Glen Helen Motocross Park, that's a pretty big step and should be recognized. WORCS has had some events open to Rhino and so was the last MDR race. Due to the fact that utvs are accepted in BITD (which is known for is strict rules and regulations) if yours is safe enough and the interest is there I think you can get into any racing organization around. Oh ya another one is the Oceano Dunes race, I'm not sure which organization puts that one on but they want utvs for their next event (I think this one is some sort of fundraiser for a charitable cause or something along those lines, but I could be wrong on that).
itsasecret

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the safety specs are for a build that can run the SCORE races? Are they the same at BITD basically? Anything different?
FCRMotorsports

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the safety stuff goes it should be the same. The only differance that I know of is that you need to have it pre-inspected before youur first score race with the score saftey guy bill Savage.
FCR Motorsports #1981 The Truggyino!
McMillin Racing, Gear-One, Sol-Tek lights, Kartek Off-Road
"don't act like were not going to do this"
FabSkool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsasecret wrote:
Does anyone know what the safety specs are for a build that can run the SCORE races? Are they the same at BITD basically? Anything different?

I think the best way to answer your question is to contact Bill Savage at SCORE and ask him. I was BITD approved and when Savage inspected he only had a couple small things to add (a couple tubes and braces). You can probably ask Savage what the utv's who raced in 250 and 500 had to change prior to racing. Most people would think contacting SCORE is like contacting NASCAR or something (some big bureaucratic central office), but its not. Ya they are busy but I'm sure they can make time for a few questions.
itsasecret

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do that - I tried calling last week, but no answer.....I'll just keep trying. Thanks you guys.
FabSkool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsasecret wrote:
I will do that - I tried calling last week, but no answer.....I'll just keep trying. Thanks you guys.

it is hard to get a hold of them sometime but its purely because its just a few people working hard to fill the needs of many racers. I have called and played some phone tag before but on a couple of occasions they have been very helpful answering what I considered to be stupid questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> SCORE All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: