UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to post images to forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faith +1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: How to post images to forum Reply with quote

**Disclaimer: This is a tutorial on how to post images on this PHPBB forum. This tutorial is written for educational purposes only. If you follow these instructions and your computer blows up, cat dies, or any other bad thing happens we are not responsible. Use at your own discresion.**

How to upload an image to your forum post:
Overview (advanced) and Step by Step (Novice) tutorial.

Within this Forum (PHPBB based) we only have the option to have you reference your image from somewhere else. I know of a mod for PHPBB but other issues prevent us from using it. At any rate there is only one way to post a picture on this forum and it requires you to have it hosted from another location and you must reference it.

1) Find a free (or pay if you chose) site to host images:
Imageshack.us (You don’t have to register)
Photobucket.com
Yahoo.com
Or use your favorite search engine to locate a free image hosting provider.
2) Sign up with the previously mentioned free site (my tutorial will go over imageshack.us since you don’t have to register to have them host an image.) if needed.
3) Upload your picture to the image hosting website.
4) Reference the site within your post with the following syntax
Code:
[img]http://image_url[/img]

And that’s it.

Now my tutorial will show you how to use imageshack to upload and save a picture to them; then reference that picture to this forum.

1)Find a picture on your computer; I will use a picture of my quad. Go to http://www.imageshack.us and click the Browse button to browse for the picture you have. (Step 1 circled in the following image)
2)Then click the dropdown box to 640X480 (For message board). Select the option to “Resize the image”.
3) Click Host it.

The next area that imageshack gives you is the “Code” needed to reference it for this forum. The two basic ways to do this is – Thumbnail for forums or hotlink for forums. The thumbnail view basically makes the picture smaller so people can pick and choose which image they wish to look at; the hotlink option places the image at normal size within your post. *NOTE: This is currently open for the user to decide how they would like to share the image however if images start to be abused (making them too large, inappropriate usage, etc) it may be reviewed for restrictions.* If you chose to do thumbnails (mainly when you have a lot of pictures) use the Thumbnail for forums (1) code. If you choose to have the full size picture use the Hotlink for forums(1) code.

1) Left click the box with the code (it automatically highlights the entire code for you) then copy it by either clicking Edit then copy, control+C if you are using windows, or Open Apple C if you are using Mac.
2) You will then need to paste this code directly into your post/reply in this forum for your picture to be viewed. You can of course click the Preview Post button in order to see how it will look and if you want to put text above or below it to explain what you have.
3) Submit your new post with the picture inside of it.
Thumbnail Example

Full picture example

If you have any suggestions for this tutorial please PM me. If you like the tutorial and were always wondering how to do it; thank us by posting your pictures.

Enjoy.

Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: