UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The San Felipe 250
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagged x

I have them on my computer at work so I will email them to you on monday. Hopefully I don't have to go in this weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling all wives, girlfriends, and girls looking for the ride of their life!!!

Hello everyone, this is Mrs. Sappington , the co-driver and wife of Cory Sappington (driver of SIde by Side Magazine/ Desert toyz racing Rhino!). The San Felipe race was something I only heard about and never thought in a million years I would race in it. This is a short version of, "my very first time"..and as we all know, our first time in the desert is something one cannot forget.....

My emotions were high and then the stomach began to flutter. SO many people I thought, and so many big FAST TRUCKS AND BUGGY"S. 250 miles????

The crowd..what the heck were all those people thinking??? "So close to the track", I kept saying to myself. Someone is going to get killed..still can't undertand it..any how...we are 10 cars back waiting to start and Ranger guy is in front of us.. I look at his shocks in the back and begin to wonder why his UTV looks so different than ours,,,hmm looks kind of beefy,like he can go faster than us...don't want that, I want to win. So I begin to ask those intelligent girl questions that we do when we try to get ourselves involved with things we don't have a clue about... uhhh Honey "Why are his shocks so big?" Why are they postioned so high?" Is our ELKA Shocks better than his, we know those ELKA guys really well and they are very nice, smart guys." Girls, we just want to always be a part of our husbands world don't we?.....

Oh back to the race, as we approach the starting line we hold hands and say a prayer and then we're off. The first 100 yards we almost run over a couple of girls walking towards us in the middle of the track, the next ten miles we pass the Ranger and things are looking good for Side by Side/Desert Toyz race team. As we approached the woops, we slowed down quite a bit, I kept telling my husband to find his groove, "we've got to go faster!" Soon we were pasted by Black Rhino and Ranger guy. We continued to chase them going into pit 1. We stopped at Pit 1 for a shock adjustment, just enought time for me to get out to pee. I stepped around the side of the chase truck, in a hurry, I undressed and did my thing, I didn't realize I was showing my best side to a group of people spectating or chasing, as I turned to look around, they gave me a friendly wave, all I could think of, was to wave back, so I did.
About Mile marker 50 we past Black RHino who was broke down, he gave us the thumbs up as we past by. We then caught Ranger guy who was still going but his back tire was about to fall off at any moment. We pasted him and made our way to Check point 2 and that is where I got out. My kids were there ready to give MOM a great big victory hug... five hours later I met Cory and MIke at the finish line..although we did not make it within the time limit it was still a sweet victory for us. I was so very proud and excited for my husband. Thank you, my love, for making me a part of your race team, for having the confidence in me to be your co-driver, and giving the experience of a life time.
For all you women out there who are looking for an adventure, "Desert Racing is where it's at!"

Thanks to Sal Fish from SCORE for the invitation, Side by Side Magazine for the support, and to my sister in law Keli (nicknamed the Race Nanny the biggest fan of Desrt Toyz racing).

Jeanette Sappington[/i]
SidexSide Action
Site Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story mrs. Sappinton. Haven't had the pleasure to meet you yet but cory has nothing but good things to say.

Check the first issue of Side X Side Action Magazine for full race coverage of the San Felipe 250! look for it in stores July 15th or order it online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> SCORE All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: