UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baja 500 Roll Call

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMLasher

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Baja 500 Roll Call Reply with quote

Can everyone who is interested in running in the Baja 500 please respond and let us know? We are tring to get a head count for the race.
Thanks!
Toxic Rhinos

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Toxic Rhinos Reply with quote

You can count Toxic Rhinos in for the Baja 500... we've been working on the car from the day we got back from the terrible 250... well we be leaving last off the line on the baja 500???
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Side x Side Action Mag / Desert Toyz / Elka Shocks / Maxxis tire / Powroll Four Stroke Performance / Yamaha Rhino Team will be there.
Drivers, Cory Sappington, Darren Sappington, Mike Moreno
Co-Drivers Jeanette Sappington, Ron Moreno, Chris Straight

Any other UTV teams that are going to race and have questions about SCORE racing, or how to race in mexico can contact me via e-mail cory@utvra.com or phone 623-334-3346

Can't wait to see all the UTV Teams at the Baja 500 Very Happy
This class is growing fast!!!!!
randomhero

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: yamaha rhino team?? Reply with quote

I saw that cory said something about a yamaha rhino team.
is there a a factory team? if so who?
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listing the UTV I am driving. I know of possibly 2 polaris rangers running. so I thought I should list it. Yamaha did e-mail me to request the rules for BITD class 1900. Soooooo ???????????? who knows????????
cisco

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: baja 500 Reply with quote

SOCal fab is going to race.
scf

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SO-CAL FAB , elka / kartek / micro-touch / team-IMS / BFG / veijo sweeping / jimmyz pools, race yamaha rhino is looking forward to being their opening a new page in the race book with our fellow U.T.V competitors.
FCRMotorsports

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCR Motorsports will be down there but not racing. I will be going down on thursday morning and will be prerunning the first 50 miles or so. If any of you want to prerun the start with me let me know I would like to do it with someone else for safety. I will also just be chasing/messing around during the race so if you guys need help I will be there.
FCRMotorsports

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know what radio channel you guys will be running. I will have my radio programed with the right channel.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time we are really waiting to see how they perform at the 500 before we make a decision about next year. If we do have a UTV class next year it will run the 3 Baja races only. I believe it would be way to dangerous to put you out on the other courses.

Sal

I asked Sal at SCORE if we would be running all the events next year or just the ones the ATV/MC race. Looks like it will be a 3 race series next year (San Felipe 250, Baja 500, Baja 1000)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at SCORE's website they only have 2 UTV entered. Is anyone else going. Mine won't be ready until next season but I hope SCORE get more people signed up and makes it a class for next year. We had 17 at the last race and only 2 at the Baja 500. I know there will be some late min. entries. I hope we get more the class 11 (stock bug)
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 4 teams that I can confirm. 1801 Team Toxic Rhino sporting a V-Star powered machine. 1802 Francisco Quiroz of Mission Viejo Ca. 1803 Team Ranger Performance in the custom built Polaris !!! 180? we missed the number dead line. Team Desert Toyz, Side by Side Action Magazine, Elka Shocks, Black Rhino, Poweroll, ACRO HID Lights, Yamaha Rhino.

My plan is to finish in 17 hours and 40 minutes. My Rhino is hungry! and will be ready to CHARGE across the rugged Baja pennisula. With 30hp and almost 9" of wheel travel it will be an ADVENTURE !!! Oh yea we will also be starting last of over 400 racers, I belive their plans will be not to get caught by the UTV's. Look for us in our Yellow Rhino. Thanks to all the UTV Teams that show up. Cory S

I heard the UTVRA will be there with a support/chase white Jeep Cherokee to help all the UTV Teams. Outfitted with 3 radios and GPS they will be chasing and supporting all of the UTV teams.
Team Desert Assassin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scf wrote:
The SO-CAL FAB , elka / kartek / micro-touch / team-IMS / BFG / veijo sweeping / jimmyz pools, race yamaha rhino is looking forward to being their opening a new page in the race book with our fellow U.T.V competitors.

Good luck boyz! Very Happy

If everthing holds together and with a little luck things should go well. Very Happy Very Happy

TDA Cool
MMLasher

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory, you are correct. I will be at the 500. I will be chasing the class and offering radio support to all teams competing. I will be monitering both the UTVRA frequency and the weatherman frequency. I should be getting into town early Friday Morning. Let me know if you guys need any thing.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday, May 26, 2006
Baja 4000 in 2007 in planning!

It's official! SCORE is planning to hold a marathon Baja race in 2007, the BAJA 4000 will run from Ensenada to La Paz and back! Over 4000 kilometers, all being planned with state officials in Baja Norte and Southern Baja Mexico. More details loading...

I found this on Baja News website. I hop they let the UTV in for this race. I can't imagine how many hours this race would take. But I am willing to try it next year.
FabSkool

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they are calling it a "4000" ? in 2000 they ran to la paz and back and called it Baja 2000. I think doug fortin won overall. Hey Cory how many miles did your rhino have on it when the motor popped? my guess is approx 1000 race mi, was the rhino brand new for Vegas to Reno?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to everyone going down there. What I am hearing about pre running reports that the pine forest area about 30 miles in to the race is really tight,rocky and traffic will be backed up in this area. Sounds like a great area for the UTV's to make up some time. I want to see some pic's of a UTV bumping a Hummer or a buggy to pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> SCORE All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: