UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 Blue Water GP info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: 2008 Blue Water GP info Reply with quote

This is going to be a great race. The first 100 entrees will be pitting on the Colorado river. The rest of the teams will pit in the 25mph zone but not on the Colorado. Please make sure you have a 5lb Fire Extinguisher in your pit. On saturday morning all teams will have from 5am to 6am to drive their pit trucks down to their pit and unload their supplies. No trucks will be allowed in the pits. I suggest you have a battery that will power your radio, if you are going to have a radio in your pit.
The start will be land rush style, first row will be Trophy Lite, second row C-1 lite, third row UTV's. Only one row will start at a time. Land rush start means we will all be in one row, engines off.
Our number plates are white w/ black numbers for pro and yellow w/
black numbers for sportsman.
We will be using only transponders, no IRC.
Bring lots of water and sun screen! Please let me know if you have any other questions. See you there. Cory S
ikikazz

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandkmotorsports.com will be out there with 2 quads. We sent our pakcet in like 3 days after we got it so we will be assured a spot on the beach!
BITD Quad Expert #437
www.bandkmotorsports.com
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking forward to this race. Cory, What is a C-1 lite? When are you going to have our contigency lists up on the web page? or can you post our available contigencies here on the forum at least?
See everyone in Parker!

BS JX
Mike L

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there as well... i heard this race was a lot of fun last year and can't wait to be part of it. See everyone there.

#1924 Kawasaki Teryx
www.lashermotorsports.com
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

The contingency list should be done soon. Since no one replied to the forum from December about what companies to get contingency from, it has been a slow process in getting this done. Cory was contacting the current interested companies this week to get all of their information in time for Blue Water. If he is able to get the required info soon I will create something and post it on the forum for all to see.

If anyone has some companies they would like contingency with please get them to us soon so we can contact them.

Thanks,

Eric
dezrider

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: C1 Lite Reply with quote

Hey Bill,

The C1 Lite is a new creation. It's comparable to the trophy lite, Mason Motorsports Pro Runner vehicles. It's running the eco-tech 4 cylinder engine but kinda looks like a racing rhino on steroids. Cool concept and seems to be a very capable racer. Theres some threads on race-dezert if you want to check it out. http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34065

Randy Burke
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim,
Saw those cars at terribles Primm, they looked like they ran pretty good.
Is that what you guys ordered?

Bill
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolloutracing wrote:
Bill,

The contingency list should be done soon. Since no one replied to the forum from December about what companies to get contingency from, it has been a slow process in getting this done. Cory was contacting the current interested companies this week to get all of their information in time for Blue Water. If he is able to get the required info soon I will create something and post it on the forum for all to see.

If anyone has some companies they would like contingency with please get them to us soon so we can contact them.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,
As for companies to contact, I think we need to aproach companies that have products that we all use. Tires (maxxis of course) Lubricants (we all need oils) Also the products that tend to make UTV desert racing just out of peoples reach like Radios ( PCI ) and how about IRC how hard would it be for them to give a contigency to offer a free unit rental or two?
also how about seat belt guys, most of the racers who have been around for a while should be about ready to repalce their seatbelts, we just did ours, they were out of date that's a couple hundred bucks. I don't know if Cory talked to you about it or not but I mentioned forming a prize money contigencey like the 7200 class started. A voulontary program that racers would pay into per race and only those who participated could benefit.
Cory said he liked the idea but we have not taken it any further.

See you at Parker
BS JX
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I think those are all great ideas and I will look into them. What lubricants do most of the teams use? Amsoil, Lucas, etc. How many different seat belt companies are people currently using? How about seats? Do most of the teams run the same seat manufacture? IRC may be a trickier one but I will see what I can find out.

I really like the idea of the per race voluntary contingency. I'm going to look into that one soon. I won't be at Parker due to a CORR race in Primm but I will try to get some info on this idea before then.

Thanks,

Eric
Titties and Beer RaCiN

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cory got a question. The oldest Carter boy here (me) wants to race my MC in the unclassifide race at 6:30am but we are also racing the rhino in the points race at 2:30pm. this wont conflict with anything at all will it? also do you know if ill need numbers for the bike before the weekend or will BITD supply them there when i sign up?
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolloutracing wrote:
Bill,

I think those are all great ideas and I will look into them. What lubricants do most of the teams use? Amsoil, Lucas, etc. How many different seat belt companies are people currently using? How about seats? Do most of the teams run the same seat manufacture? IRC may be a trickier one but I will see what I can find out.

I really like the idea of the per race voluntary contingency. I'm going to look into that one soon. I won't be at Parker due to a CORR race in Primm but I will try to get some info on this idea before then.

Thanks,

Eric

I think a lot of guys use Maxima luricants but Lucas is big into off road so they may be mor receptive. I think they all offer good products to the question is which of them want's to step up with product. Seat belt MFGs include Crow, DJ safety, Deist, Pyrotec, Simpson. All offer SFI certified products. As for seats, there are several MFG's as well. Renegade,Jet Trim,Beard,mastercraft, Corbeau and probably some others.
Keep up the good work
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titties and Beer RaCiN wrote:
Hey Cory got a question. The oldest Carter boy here (me) wants to race my MC in the unclassifide race at 6:30am but we are also racing the rhino in the points race at 2:30pm. this wont conflict with anything at all will it? also do you know if ill need numbers for the bike before the weekend or will BITD supply them there when i sign up?

Should be no problem, They will issue paper plates for the MC's here is some info http://www.bitd.com/downloads/2008/BWGP/FIP08.pdf

See you this weekend
Bill
Titties and Beer RaCiN

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks Bill. that answered about all my questions lol.
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cory,
I don't see your name on the entries list. What's up?
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing. They must of forgot to add me.
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the building a new top end for the Race Rhino. Leaving for Blue Water at 7am. You gotta love Desert Racing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: