UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TROUBLES IN RIVER-CITY or we'll LOSE IT ALL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> AVE Desert SuperCourse Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: TROUBLES IN RIVER-CITY or we'll LOSE IT ALL Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I'd post this in several forums since it applies to all OHVers, including people with buggies, sand rails, pre-runners, race cars, motorcycles, ATVs, Pilots, etc.

Like every city or community there are always people who don't like motorcycles, trucks, or off-road vehicles in general. That was the way it was in Cal-City for a while until we started to show them how the OHV community is more aware of our previous pitfalls and that not only they need a place to ride and enjoy the sport but also how the City could benefit financially from servicing enthusiasts.
So far it's been great.

BUT NOW OUR OPENESSS TO OHVíers IS THREATENED BY COMPLAINTS FROM CITIZENS THAT HAVE VALID OPPOSITION.

One particular letter drove the point across. I don't agree with the letter on a number of assertions made by the writer, but I must say, he is close to being right-on on others, when he complained that riders, on the street, young and old, asking for directions to Rite-Aid, MacDonalds, and other businesses, which are NOT ON THE OFFICIAL OHV TRAIL! In other words, they are wondering areound town with illegal vehicles.

As I read his letter, it all stems from people not following the exact rules. If they did, this problem would not come up. This gentleman was on North Loop, walking his dog and no less than a group of 20 people on quads and bikes, including four or five little kids, were asking directions to MacDonald's. WRONG! They are not supposed to be there!
I would like to meet the IDIOT who led them there!

We know we have a problem with our "local" riders and enthusiasts, and believe me when I tell you; our Police are doing everything possible to correct the matter with local riders riding where they are not supposed to.

But now we are beginning to observe and/or hearing about problems with those who come to visit us. As I said before, 99.5% of our visitors are great people and abide by the rules and regulations. However it is that 5% that will screw it up for all.

The Mayor and City Council is listening to him and others.

So what are we going to do about it?

You have to help us police the lawbreakers or there'll be nothing that we will be able to do come June. The City will shut down the OHV Trails and we will all lose!
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!: DONíT COME INTO CAL-CITY UNLESS YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE DESIGNATED OHV TRAIL(S). IF YOU DONíT ABIDE, YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU, A HEFTY FINE WILL BE ASSESSED AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE PROBLEMS THAN YOU EVER EXPECTED.

Fair Warning!: From now on, Police enforcement will hang around McDonald's, Rite Aid, the Fastrip areas and shops, and also around the other end of the city, where there is no designated trails at the moment (eventually we may have trails to those locations--but not now). However, if you come into the City riding your OHV outside the designated trail, you will regret you ever did. It's that serious!

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHERS. WE CANNOT LOSE WHAT TOOK US YEARS TO ACCOMPLISH!
IN JUNE THE CITY WILL REVIEW EVERYTHING AND EITHER APPROVE THE OHV TRAILS FOR ANOTHER SEASON OR NOT. IT'S UP TO ALL OF US TO MAKE SURE THEY DO!

Lou Peralta
lou@altavistaevents.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> AVE Desert SuperCourse Series All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: