UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd Annual So Cal Rally, Nov 10-12, 2006 at Spangler Hills.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diirk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual So Cal Rally, Nov 10-12, 2006 at Spangler Hills. Reply with quote

We're having the 3rd Annual SoCal Rally Nov 10-12, 2006.

Everyone is welcome that likes to ride, drive or has interest in any other type of off-road recreation.

More info here: http://mysite.verizon.net/res8p3y5/

I think it'd be great to get a bunch of Rhino's out there. I already know there will be a few.

We have some cool Sponsors signing up, including Sand Sports and Toyhauler Magazines.

If we get enough interest, maybe we can set up short course or some type of event.

All proceeds from the Raffle go to Toys for Tots.

Finally, if anyone is interested in becoming a Sponsor, please contact me.
diirk@verizon.net
diirk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rally site as been updated and can now be reached from the "much easier to remember url" http://www.SoCalRally.net
diirk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: New Sponsor Reply with quote

Also: We have a new Sponsor!

So-Cal Fab is now a sponsor for the Rally. They will be supplying a Rhino tie-rod upgrade kit valued over $200 for the raffle. Be sure to visit their website and consider them for any Rhino or other fabrication you might be interested in.

Check out our other Sponsors on the Rally Sponsor page.
diirk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a new Sponsor. Team IMS Racing has jumped on board and will be donating some performance Rhino parts. Please be sure to check out their website and thank them for their participation.

diirk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Poker Run Reply with quote

THE POKER RUN IS BACK!

I added a page to the Rally site, http://www.SoCalRally.net, so folks can sign up for the Poker Run. We're still working on the rules, but it'll be fun. If you want to run, make sure you sign up, we need a fairly accurate count of how many people are participating. One sign-up for each person that is making the run. It's optional for passengers to play, but if they are, then they must sign up too.
diirk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, s@ndm@n has come through and created a downloadable flyer for the Rally. Please download it and print it out and have your local shop post it.

Check it out HERE.
diirk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that may have missed it, the Oct/Nov issue of Toyhauler Magazine has an article about the SoCalRally on page 102 and an advertisment on page 101. This is the same issue they were giving out at the SSSS. The article was written my Dave Edmiston (dedmiston)and the advertisment was designed by s@ndm@n.

Be sure to check it out and tell your friends!
diirk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting ready to order t-shirts and need a good count. For anyone that hasn't let me know, please go HERE and place an order. Please put your name in the box also, along with sizes.

Thanks
diirk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to welcome a few new sponsors.
We have Z4 Racing, a motorcycle parts and accessories shop located in Cypress.

And, we have Prod-X Launch Force, a manufacturer of RV Accessories.

And last but not least, we have Santa Cruz Mountains, which is Erik Waage, designer of one of our logos.

Please check out their websites and tell them you were refered by the Rally.
diirk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll break the news!

A big thanks goes to lq9hd for scoring Gordon Biersch Brewery as a sponsor for the Rally. They'll be supplying 2 kegs along with a raffle item.

Thanks lq9hd!
diirk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: PDS Fabrication Reply with quote

Well, we scored another sponsor.
Lets give a Big Thanks to PDS (Product Development Services) for supporting the Rally and to Derwud for making the connection. Be sure to tell them you heard of them through the Rally. Here's their info:

Product Development Services, 951.696.1650 Proud Glamis Dunes Sponsor!

Give us a call for the GD.Com member deal on all your Rhino Cage, Bumper, and soft goods needs.

Need a custom bracket? Need a thousand of them? Give us a call We offer CNC Plasma Cutting, Plate bending, Punching, and tube bending.

diirk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kids Scavenger Hunt has been organized and will start at 5pm on Friday. Prizes donated by the Santa Cruz Mafia. All our thanks for your efforts and participation. You folks rock!

Last edited by diirk on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
diirk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Desertworks Fabrication added as a Sponsor Reply with quote

One more addition as a sponsor.

I'd like to thank Desertworks Fabrication for becoming a sponsor and will be providing a Rhino bumper to a Raffle winner. Desertsworks is a one stop shop for fabrication and Rhino parts. Give Scott a call at (951)233-3073 and tell them the Rally sent you. Also be sure to check out the other Rally Sponsors and give them a call.

diirk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that this years Rally went well beyond my expectations. With how everyone pitched in, it went very smooth and seemed like folks had a good time. I can forsee a few changes for next year to make it even better, but the Rally has been evolving since its inception.

First off, I want to say a huge Thanks to Wendy for all her work with the Rally, especially when I disappeared into the Black Hole that is Randsburg. She went above and beyond, especially considering she had her own business concerns to think of.

I would like to thank all the sponsors. Without their support, the Rally never would have happened, nor would we have nearly doubled last years attendance. Be sure to check out their websites on our Sponsor page and give them the first chance at your business. We really want them to participate next year too. It wouldn't hurt to mention that you heard about them through the Rally.

Anna Rubene Embroidery
Bangkok Market
Desertworks Fabrication
Dirty Gear
Gordon Biersch
IRV2
Kegmeter
Livewire Whips
Product Development Services
Prod-X
RV.NET
Sand Sports Magazine
Santa Cruz Mountains
The Spindle Company
SoCal Fab
Team IMS Racing
Toyhauler Magazine
Toy Hauln Hooligans
Z4 Racing

I also need to say a special Thanks to all those that not only participated, but really helped out. Without these folks volunteering to run some aspect of the Rally, it

wouldn't have been nearly as fun or organized.

Aaron for the logo design
Steve for leading some of the Randsberg Ride. Most of us did make it, eventually.
Marianne and the Santa Cruz Mafia for arranging the Scavenger Hunt, and not having me as one of the items to collect.
Rick and Thomas for the Midnight (East coast time) Mine Run. It's amazing how a 20 mile trip can take three hours.
Mike, Stacey and Philip for running the kids race. Who would have thought a figure eight kids race would go so well?
Duane for providing trophies and putting up with my constant demands for help.
Bob for the extra goodie bags. And I still didn't get to see your bike.
Josie for the drinks and appetizers. Good stuff, thanks.
Philip and James for the talk of the weekend.
Dave, Jeff and any others that set up the Poker Run and cleaned up afterwards. I've heard nothing but great things about it.
Terry for taking the Group Photo and putting up with all those topless folks.
Pam and Phil for organizing the Potluck and letting us use your trailer. Hopefully the chili smell will be gone soon.
Kacie and Savannah for helping out with the Raffle and trying to help their Dad win more stuff.

And to everyone else for coming out. I know some of you drove quite a distance to attend and we really appreciate your participation.

We collected a bunch of donations for Toys for Tots, so from that standpoint alone, the event was a huge sucess.

Thanks for making this the best Rally ever.
diirk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally posted some pics from the Rally.
Just go to the Rally Site, select "2006 Rally Pictures" from the navigation menu, select the Rally Logo, and a new window should open with the pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: