UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terrible Town 250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Pit & Chase Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Terrible Town 250 Reply with quote

Hello All,

I'm checking to see if there is any interest in a group pit for this race? I'll be out there pitting for Desert Toyz and any other vehicles that may also need help. I'll be using this race to finalize everything for the UTVRA pit support program. If anyone is interested in pitting with us at this race let me know.

Thanks,

Eric
BRPtech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric- I am not sure how we join forces on this one but if you have an idea let me know but BRP is planning on having two full pits open to anyone running a BRP CDI. We will have tools, able hands, some parts like filters, belts, spare tires etc, but gas for only one Rhino. All you need for full pit support is a CDI and to meet us is Pahrump with some gas. Still no takers yet but if you are interested the time to act is now not the week before the race. If someone calls the week of the race it will be harder on both sides so lets knock this out of the way so we can focus on preparing our rhinos.
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRPtech

I agree completely. After this race we will be focusing a lot of attention on finalizing the UTVRA pit support. For this race we thought it would be best to leave it open. I will be out there this race as well as the others making sure this goes smooth. What we are trying to do on this run is any team that is racing this race and does not have pit support or has pit support but not sure how or what to do, we (DTZ) are offering to assist any of the other teams with there pits.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about there pitting for this race please get in touch with me. I'm sure that we will be able to help you out.

Thanks,

Eric
FabSkool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I posted (BRPtech) under Terrible's Town Roll Call, BRP will not be attending this race anymore so obviously no pit support from them. However I did go to pre-run the course this past weekend this is how it went for me. We were in a lifted SuperDuty (pretty tame) and the course was horribly rough. Cory you must have killed that suburban or whatever you were driving?? From behind that black SUV bounced around more than your Rhino is SF!! We stayed on the course for about 35-40 miles. In that time we learned that the whole race would be rough, lots of rocks, whoops, ruts, off camber turns. We drove up there tht night so we had no sleep and no endurance for the torturous ride in that truck. We bowed out of the organized and pre-run and I did'nt see anything wrong with finding every pit access road. We did so and as soon as everyone gets the maps you will know that you only need one chase truck to do every single pit. 1 truck is enough to get to all 8 pit stops. My plan was to use every stop so that we could inspect the thing every possible chance and run with the least amount of fuel as possible to save weight. This should be a really cool race for all the Rhinos. It will be very technical, plenty of fast sections, and there will sure to be plenty of carnage along the way. I am willing to bet that no more than 3 Rhinos will finish, it will be that rough. Keep it slow, keep it in control, Keep it in one piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Pit & Chase Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: