UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baja 1000
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
909er

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Baja 1000 Reply with quote

Ok pop tarts, who is in for the 1000?

Cory said yes, and I am saying yes, who else. You will need some 'swinging thunder' to try, but if you win, within the alloted 40 hour time limit, you will be a hero.

Come on brotha's don't wimp out.
FCRMotorsports

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try for the 1000. I am going down next month to do some testing! Very Happy
mikewest24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: I am In. Reply with quote

I am in-I have been doing some runs in Arizona- i need a chaser right now.
mikewest24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Baja 1000 Reply with quote

I am in-I want to send in the application but it only has the 2005 on the website. Any ideas?
FabSkool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new reg info and all that won't come up until we get a little closer to the race. they are busy planning a couple other SCORE events happening before the 1000 in Nov.
FabSkool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I am In. Reply with quote

mikewest24 wrote:
I am in-I have been doing some runs in Arizona- i need a chaser right now.

what does this mean? you need someone to chase and pit for you? if some seat time was included in the offer I could probably take care of of any support you might need.
Baja XP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: baja 1000 Reply with quote

I am picking up my Ranger next week and am prepping for the 1000. I hope all of the BITD vatos, balls up and go for it. Total adventure and to finish....

I am looking at having Baja Pits gas me and have friends chase. Go online and get in contact with Baja Pits, as they are very good and they are going to be on the coarse every 50 miles. Cost is around $400.

I am considering the V2R BITD race, but it sounds like it might be 120 degrees. Has anyone done this and can tell me how it is? I like abuse, but....

Lone Ranger
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI; All race vehicles must be preinspected by Bill Savage before they can race SCORE. You can call SCORE to find out where and when he is doing inspections. Cory S.
Baja XP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Inspection Reply with quote

Cory:

They won't do the inspection at contingency? Hmmm.

Also can you give me a brief summary of what to expect at the Vegas to Reno race. Is it fast or slow? How does it compare to the 500. What is the temp in August? Chase access?

Thanks
FabSkool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja XP: so far for the SCORE races I think Savage wants to inspect before you get down there. They want to avoid any difficulties/dissappointment at contingency, and besides since this is a new class and SCORE is very busy I say we cater to their needs and be grateful that UTVs are included in the festivities. It may be inconvenient but its probably better to get inspected before heading down so that you can get in good with the folks at SCORE.

As far as the V2R race I have not raced it before but I can give my opinions: the course will be rough (BITD is a bunch of motorcycle guys so the courses they make are never all that easy, also there will be many vehicles ahead of the UTVs to chew the course up). Pit access should not be that big of a deal, that's one nice thing about BITD (I pitted last years overall winner and the access was relatively easy, and I think they give you real good pit access maps once you enter). In comparison to the 500 (another course I have much experience with but not as a racer) V2R will be a very different race. I assume that V2R will be rough, lots of rocks, and especially ruts for most of the race. I look at the 500 as the easiest race in the Baja SCORE schedule because I think the strategy they use when mapping the course is to make a relatively fast course with a few very difficlut sections here and there like a big silt hill, some deep silt whoop sections, some technical rocky and narrow sections, etc. The 250 is the roughest course possible with winning average speeds between 45-50mph and the 1000 (despite last year's course from hell) is much faster with winning average speeds often over 60mph. Back to V2R, it will be HOT, expect temps to be in 100's. That's my $.02, however the best advice you can get is from Cory he is the only person to have competed in both events in a UTV.
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless something has changed I was told by Sal Fish that all UTV's racing in the SCORE series must be preinspected by Bill Savage. The preinspection is not necessary for each race but only for your first race. I know that all the UTV's that raced in the Baja 500 were required to have this inspection. I belive that any first time race vehicle entering a SCORE race is required to be preinspected. All race vehicles are also tech inspected at the race. You should call Bill Savage for clarification.
As far as BITD V to R the year is the 10th anniversary and the course is going to be very differant than years past. I will be able to give you some accurate info about the course after the prefun run. Untill then I would only be guessing. All of BITD's races are easy to chase, they give very detailed info. You should come on the prefun run it is a blast esspecially the BBQ after day one, Casey gives out his famous "wisle dick awards" it is hellarous and the foods good too. Hope to see there. Cory S.
FabSkool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: if you do plan on going to the Pre-run I strongly reccomend taking a true pre-runner because the flyers always say nothing more than "4WD Reccomended." And I tell you what we went in a stock super duty with 35's and it was hell. Cory I saw you guys mashing the s**t out of a Tahoe and I could not believe my eyes. At the TT250 pre-run we only made it about 30mi and we came to a road crossing and disappointingly turned back to party in Vegas. At least we checked out every pit access road so at least the crew would know where to go. The party in vegas was well worth it because I didn't even end up racing, the following week I resigned from BRP so I couldn't even tell you how our pre-run techniqe worked out Sad
bajapimp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in for the baja 1000 im just finishin my rhino and testig it pretty soon
Baja XP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: 1000 and Rally Logger Reply with quote

Hey all real men who are going to tackle this year's Baja 1000... I just read on the SCORE site that all Pro and all Sportsman classes will be required to run a Rally Tracker GPS device. This is new to me and to UTV's, but I will comply. Any thoughts?
FabSkool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow all classes need the Rally Tracker?? If SCORE said all PRO and SPORTSMAN then I would definately assume that will include UTV's. Did they give any reasoning why they want all vehicles to run the gps box? So far it has only been required for PRO classes and that was to enforce rules more strictly because money was on the line. I can't think of another reason to implement the device for sportsman except to be tighter on the rules. Anyone else have better insight than me...
Baja XP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Tracker Reply with quote

That is just what I read. If anyone has the final word I would appreciate it. My main issue is just that it is ANOTHER $350 to spend at an event that is going to put me in the poor house.

Fab...how is Troy's school going. Like it? What do you plan to do when you are done?
FabSkool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually at Wizard, I created "Fabskool" before I knew that was the name of Troy's spot (I just always call it Troy Johnson). I am 8 weeks into my year long Trophy Truck 101 class at Wizard School of Fabrication and this week we built our jig table. I have a good friend with whom I carpool to every class and he is at Troy's school right now. So I am in a cool position because I spend plenty of time over there as well. The two schools are very different, its hard at this point for me to determine which is "better" becuase they offer different things. So far what I can tell about my class is that we have far more literally hands on- more welding practice, more time to work on notching, bending etc. And the Fab School is very different in the sense that there is alot more attention to detail and explanation of why. In one sentance about my experience of each school so far is that Troy teaches why and Wizard teaches how. So hopefully between the two of us we can get the best of both worlds, because my friend Ben and I will definately be collaborating in the near future. so all the old timer fabricators better watch out because there are some new comers on the block.

Best case scenario: when I'm done apply at Jimco, Fox Racing, Porter, Geiser Bros, Robby Gordon, Riviera Racing, any and all of the big time race shops. I have a tentative five year plan to be moving in the direction of working for myself. Alot of people my age have this dream and make the claim of having their own shop someday. My only concern is my fab skills because I know I can handle the business end. I have things in my head and up my sleave to handle the $$ factor of starting a business when the time comes but just cus I don't show my cards doesn't mean I'm bluffing.

Last edited by FabSkool on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Pyro Rhino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to Bill Savage have to inspect your rhino, do you have to pay for that? I know to have a car inspected there was a fee, does anybody know if he is charging for the Rhinos too and if so how much?
FabSkool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not heard of a UTV paying for the pre-inspection. I did not.
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to Sal Fish "CEO" of SCORE Racing. He confirmed that any UTV racing in his series will now be required to have the Rally Track system. I will post details soon on cost and how to info. I will be talking to Mr. Fish next week to firm up more details about the new SCORE UTV class. I will post any new info then. Anyone planning to race the 1000 should contact me to discuss details and any new info. Thanks Cory S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> SCORE All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: